1 to 14 JULY 2012, HONIARA, THE SOLOMON ISLANDS
CLOSING DATE: 5pm, Monday 5 December 2011
The Australia Council in partnership with State and Territory Arts Agencies invites expressions of interest from Indigenous artists and groups to be a part of the Australian delegation attending the 11th Festival of Pacific Arts to be held in Honiara, the Solomon Islands from 1 to 14 July 2012.
Expressions of interest are sought from Indigenous artists and groups who have experience in the areas of traditional and contemporary dance, music, theatre, literature, visual arts, crafts, filmmaking and digital media. The final delegation will be limited to a maximum of 30 delegates from across Australia. Under the guidance of the Curatorial Team, the delegation will be required to participate in a program of events across 14 days, which will include performances, presentations, forums and advocacy events.
Expressions of interest will be selected that demonstrate the following criteria:
• Experience in international/national touring, and/or working as a part of a team
• Understanding the cultural responsibility of indigenous artists and/or organizations as ambassadors of Indigenous culture
• Excellent artistic skills and product/material that is export-ready
• Highly motivated and dedicated
To be eligible for selection, delegates will be required to:
• Possess or obtain a current Australian passport
• Provide confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identity provided y an organization registered under the Aboriginal Councils and Associations Act 1976 or other relevant legislation, as requested by ATSIAB
• Submit examples of work on DVD or USB, including high quality digital imagery where appropriate.
FOR AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM PLEASE CONTACT:
Lara Croydon, Indigenous Program Officer: Queensland Theatre Company
Ph: 07 3010 7600
Fax: 07 3010 7699
The Australian delegation attending the Festival of Pacific Arts is supported by the Australian Government through the Australia Council for the Arts