Nillumbik Shire Council, in partnership with Parks Victoria, invites contemporary artists working in any medium to apply for a residency of up to four months during 2012. This is an exciting opportunity for artists to develop their practice in one of two properties located in an inspiring natural setting on protected Eltham bushland, approximately 30 kilometres north-east of Melbourne.
Artists selected for residencies are required to devise and deliver a community project with support from Council Officers.
The Artist-in Residence program is designed to:
- contribute to cultural development within the Shire by providing the local community with access to high quality arts activities, and local artists with professional development opportunities
- provide an opportunity for contemporary artists to make a deep inquiry into their practice in an inspiring natural and cultural environment
- provide an opportunity for contemporary artists to be part of the rich heritage of art-making in Nillumbik
- raise awareness of the residency site and its significance on a local, national and international level
- help conserve the environmental and cultural values of the residency site
- profile the Shire of Nillumbik as a leading arts location in Victoria
Entries must be received by 4pm, Friday 7th October 2011.
Application forms and guidelines are available to download from http://www.nillumbik.vic.gov.au/
For more information please phone: +61 3 9433 3359 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org